Nobody should have to suffer from injuries and lost work hours due to the negligence of an employer. If you have suffered a debilitating injury during work hours in a manner which may have been prevented by your place of employment, you are entitled in the state of Connecticut to workers compensation for the lost wages you are owed. And if you’re stuck in the never-ending legal process of court proceedings and working out settlements, Bridgeway Legal Funding is here to help with a Workers Compensation Advance, providing you with the money you need now.

Here’s what you should do if you’ve been injured at the hands of your employer, and how Bridgeway can help:

Know Your Rights and Fight For Compensation

Workplace-related injuries in Connecticut are more common than you think. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 36,000 nonfatal workplace-related injuries and illness afflicted workers in Connecticut in 2015. Put into perspective, that means that about 3 out of every 100 workers in Connecticut had reported some sort of injury or illness at the hands of their employer. Because of this, it’s critically important to know your rights as a worker.

The Worker’s Compensation Act of the Connecticut General Statutes, which was established in 1913, says that employees who have been injured at work or have fallen ill due to their work duties or environment are owed medical compensation, “wage replacement benefits” and more. The coverage that comes from the Worker’s Compensation Act covers nearly all types of employees (except those working from a private home less than 26 hours per week) and is a no-fault system of insurance, meaning you are still owed compensation even if the injury was your fault or have a pre-existing condition which contributed to the injury or illness.

You can learn more by calling your local Worker’s Compensation Commission District Office or Educational Services at 1-800-223-WORK (toll-free in Connecticut).

Also, you can download an in-depth informational packet here for information and what your next steps should be regarding filing a claim and developing your case.

Apply For a Workers Compensation Settlement Advance

The legal process for having your workers compensation claim settled can be a time consuming process, and it may be up to a year or two before you receive the full amount of compensation you are entitled to following your injury. This means that the money you deserve, which could be used to support your family, pay medical bills, and make up for the lost time from being put out of work, is completely out of reach for a while.

Applying for a Workers Compensation Settlement Advance from Bridgeway Legal Funding is the best way to put some of that deserved cash in your pocket when you need it. Sometimes known as a “lawsuit loan,” Bridgeway will work to get you a percentage of the estimated money you are owed from your case, based on the nature of your claim and the extent of your injuries or illness. However, unlike a loan, you are not required to pay back the advance we provide you with unless you win your case. The money is yours and yours alone!

Applying for pre-settlement funding with Bridgeway is super easy. Just call us (800) 531-4066 or apply online requesting an advance. Once contacted, we will conduct a brief interview with you regarding the details of your accident, as well as request all of the necessary legal documents from your lawyers. With all of this information in hand, we will determine how much of a cash advance we can offer you in as little as 24-48 hours after submitting!

Use Your Advance to Get Your Life Back On Track

With all of the hardships you unjustly face following a work-related injury or illness, every little bit helps move life forward. With a legal cash advance from Bridgeway, you will get the cash you need when you need it to help with whatever you may need it for. This, of course, can include paying off medical bills and other legal fees which come with work-related injuries, but the cash you receive from Bridgeway is for you to use however you feel. Having extra funds to help pay for groceries, take care of children, make insurance or mortgage, fix your car, etc., can make all the difference during a difficult time of healing and lost work hours as you await your lawsuit to fully resolve.

If You Live In the State of Connecticut, You’re Eligible

Bridgeway Legal Funding is able to provide pre-settlement advances to workers all throughout the state of Connecticut. Whether you live in New Haven, Hartford, Bridgeport, Waterbury, Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury, New Britain, Milford, West Haven, Middletown, or anywhere else in the state of Connecticut, you are welcome to give us a call and find out how much you can receive in a workers compensation advance from Bridgeway Legal Funding.

Whether you work in construction, the medical field, the airline industry, public transportation, government or government-affiliated jobs, white collar jobs or blue collar jobs, you are entitled to compensation for work-related incidents, and Bridgeway is here for you to get the pre-settlement cash you need to keep life moving.