What happens if I get hurt in a car accident and the person at fault for the accident has no insurance?

Bridgeway Legal Funding |

When you get into an accident with someone who does not have insurance you may be able to turn to our own automobile insurance policy for help. If you are a responsible car owner and have the appropriate insurance coverage, you can make a claim for what they call uninsured motorist benefits. This insurance coverage will allow you to make a claim for money damages to your own insurance in order to properly compensate you for being hurt by an uninsured driver. Most insurance policies have this type of coverage. This provides an easy and cost-effective way to obtain money damages for your injury. Uninsured motorist coverage financially helps with your injuries, passengers’ injuries and damages to your vehicle.

Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage are protections you need to know about in case you are in a car accident and have serious injuries. If there is not enough insurance policy to compensate you, Bridgeway can help with a loan today.

What if you get into a car accident and the person who caused it only has the minimum insurance? Who is going to pay for my bills and fix my car?

Underinsured Motorist Coverage helps you when you get into an accident with someone who does not have enough coverage to cover your injuries.  Not every person traveling on your state’s roads has adequate liability insurance. Often times you are hurt much worse than the insurance policy of the person who hit you and in those situations, it is entirely appropriate to make a claim for under-insured motorist benefits from your car own insurance carrier. This provides an added level of protection and comfort. You can be assured that if you get into an accident and are seriously hurt by another person who carries only the minimum amount of insurance coverage, you are able to obtain the difference from your underinsurance carrier if your underinsurance coverage is more than the defendant/adverse vehicle’s insurance coverage.

For example, if the person who caused the accident only had $25,000 of insurance but your injuries and lost wages are $50,000, you can attempt to be paid the full policy from the at-fault driver and then also additional money from your own insurance to fully compensate you for your damages.

Uninsured & Underinsured motorist coverage may cost you a little more on your car insurance bill, but it gives you the peace of mind that god forbid you are injured in a crash, there will be insurance to pay for your damages and get you back on your feet.

If you are struggling financially after an accident, Bridgeway is here to help.  Claims against your insurance company can take  a year or more to resolve.  Bridgeway Legal Funding can help you get the money you need today and you only have to pay it back if you win your case.