The Pros & Cons of pre-settlement funding
Whenever making an important decision, we believe you need to consider all of the facts, weigh the positives and negatives of that decision. After reviewing each side of the list, you should be able to make a more informed decision to see if taking a pre-settlement advance is the right idea for you.
- What is the advance for and do I really need it?
- How much of an advance do I want versus how much do I really need? Do I need it all now?
- What will I have to pay back depending on how long the case takes? After 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Can I get the money I need at a lower rate somewhere else? For example, refinance a home mortgage, a credit card, borrow from a family member, a bank loan, etc.
- What is my case worth today and what could it be worth if I hold out for a year or more?
- If a pre-settlement advance helps “level the playing field” against the insurance company, then pre-settlement funding can become a valuable resource to use.