If you have been injured in a car accident, Bridgeway Legal Funding can advance you the cash you need to stay afloat while you wait for your settlement. The legal process is slow, often much slower then you would expect, so for those who have been injured and cannot work, a "lawsuit loan" could really help. Pre-settlement funding, or more commonly known as a lawsuit loan, is a risk-free advance you can receive now and only needs to be repaid if your case is successful and you receive a settlement. Bridgeway can make loans to those injured in car accidents, bus accidents, truck accidentsmotorcycle accidentstractor trailer accidents and more.

How does the process work?

The application process is quick and easy. Apply today either by submitting an application on our website or by phone call to (800) 531-4066. Once you apply, our team will have a brief telephone conversation with you on how your accident happened, request the appropriate documents from your attorney’s office and then let your know how much of a loan we can offer you. In most cases, Bridgeway can provide residents of New Jersey with a lawsuit cash advance within 24-48 hours from when you apply.

Once approved, you will be given a contract to sign and return. Once the contract is returned, Bridgeway can fund your case immediately! After receiving a lawsuit loan, there are no payments required at any point. Once your case is settled and your attorney receives the check, their office will re-pay the loan you were given.

What could a car accident be worth?

One of the biggest factors for valuing an injury lawsuit is the insurance policy of the at-fault party. For accidents involving a car registered in New Jersey, the the minimum insurance policy limits are $15,000/$30,000. This means that all drivers are mandated to carry at least that much insurance on their vehicle. The $15,000 refers to the maximum insurance policy per injured occupant and the $30,000 refers to the total policy for all injured occupants in the crash. Insurance policy limits are a very important factor in motor vehicle accident lawsuits because that establishes the maximum amount of money one can hope to receive in their settlement. While a 15/30 policy is the state minimum, often drivers will opt for a higher limits policy, so it is very important to find out the insurance policy limits associated with your car accident lawsuit to have a better idea of what you can potentially be compensated in your settlement.

Lastly, in order to file a motor vehicle lawsuit in the State of New Jersey, your attorney will need to file the lawsuit within 2 years from the date of your accident. This is called the statute of limitations and if you miss this deadline, you will not be able to collect damages for your accident.

Do I have to pay my medical bills even if the accident wasn't my fault?

Luckily for those involved in New Jersey accidents, most drivers will have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. PIP coverage is a part of auto insurance that pays if you or other persons covered under your policy are injured in an auto accident. It is sometimes called “no-fault” coverage because it pays your own medical costs no matter who caused the accident. Most New Jersey drivers buy $250,000 worth of PIP 

PIP has two parts – (1) Medical expense coverage: Coverage for the cost of treatment you receive from hospitals, doctors and other medical providers and any medical equipment that may be needed to treat your injuries; and (2) Additional PIP coverage: Reimbursement for certain other expenses you may have because you are hurt, such as lost wages and the need to hire someone to take care of your home or family. 

Bridgeway Legal funding can provide lawsuit loans through-out New Jersey including:

- Newark

- Jersey City

- Paterson

- Elizabeth

- Trenton

- Clifton

- Camden       

- Passaic

- Union City

- East Orange

- Bayonne

- Vineland

- New Brunswick

- Perth Amboy

Bridgeway can provide immediate case funding in:

Bergen County, Middlesex County, Essex County, Hudson County, Monmouth County, Ocean County, Union County, Camden County, Passaic County, Morris County, Burlington County, Mercer County, Somerset County, Gloucester County, Atlantic County, Cumberland County, Sussex County, Hunterdon County , Warren County, Cape May County, and Salem County.