Bridgeway may be able to advance you 10-20% of your lawsuit settlement today.

Washington D.C. sees some of the most dense traffic in the United States. As the nation’s capital, it’s a hub for municipalities, commerce, tourism and education--and the more there is going on around town, the greater the risk of a car accident. Statistics show that accidents in D.C. are on the rise, which means more car accident victims, too. 

If you have been left injured or with a damaged vehicle after a car accident in Washington D.C, we understand how hard it can be to recover while you wait for your lawsuit money to kick in. Insurance doesn’t always cover the costs associated with a car accident but, with our help, you can get cash fast to ease the burden of the accident. 

The solution? A pre-settlement lawsuit advance from Bridgeway Legal Funding that will get you the cash you need today. Read on to learn how to recover faster after a car accident in Washington D.C by contacting Bridgeway Legal Funding.

What are the minimum requirements for insurance coverage in Washington D.C.?

According to the Insurance Information Institute, almost 12% of motorists are not insured, even though all drivers on the road are legally required to purchase car insurance-- and there are legal limits on how much or how little coverage you can have. 

All Washington, D.C. drivers must carry at least the following car insurance coverages in order to legally drive in the District:

  • Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
  • Property damage liability: $10,000 per accident
  • Uninsured motorist bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
  • Uninsured motorist property damage: $5,000 per accident with a $200 deductible
  • Underinsured motorist bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident

Why are there minimum car insurance coverage requirements in Washington D.C.?

The main reason why this requirement is in place is because of your responsibility, or liability, for any damage you cause while operating your vehicle. If you only carry the minimum amount of insurance coverage, there won’t be much money in your policy to cover the cost of damages, and you might be stuck paying out of pocket for a lot of your accident-related expenses.

How can I get money to pay for damages from a car accident?

When you get injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you file a personal injury lawsuit to hold the at-fault person accountable. The only issue is, sometimes a personal injury settlement can take months, or even a year to process. It’s easier to have cash in hand to pay for repairs, medical bills, and other expenses that can’t wait.

For this reason, Bridgeway Legal Funding helps Washington D.C accident victims recover faster from accidents. Obtaining a “non-recourse cash advance” (often called a lawsuit loan, or pre-settlement funding) with Bridgeway, you can get cash you need now while you wait for your lawsuit claim to pay-out.

To learn more about how pre-settlement funding works, visit our Guide To Funding.

How does a “lawsuit loan” work?

Pre-settlement funding is quick and easy, also you only have to pay back the money you borrow if you win your case.

A lawsuit loan or  non-recourse cash advance is a risk-free way to get cash fast while you wait on your accident settlement. Since the funding is non-recourse, it means if you don’t win your car accident case, you don’t pay anything back. 

The process for applying for an advance is very quick and simple. 

  • Call our team, email or submit an application here. 
  • We’ll reach out to your lawyer, and review the value of your case.. 
  • You’ll know if you’re approved within 24 hours. There’s no background or credit check required, and you don’t even need a bank account.
  • If approved, we can overnight ship your check through UPS, wire transfer funds directly to your bank account or send a Western Union immediately upon signing the contract.

How much money can I get from a lawsuit loan?

Don't accept less money than you deserve simply because you cannot afford to wait. An advance from Bridgeway buys you the time you need.

The answer depends on the specific details of your case. Our team estimates the value of your car accident settlement by reviewing a handful of factors. We look at how serious the damages are, who’s at fault, and how much insurance will be able to cover the damages.

Bridgeway Legal Funding works faster than competitors, and can approve cash advances of up to 20% of the estimated value of your case in about a day. For example, if you’re expecting a $50,000 settlement we can offer you up to a $10,000 pre-settlement advance--and faster than our competitors.

Apply here to get cash fast while you wait for your car accident settlement.