Work-related injuries can lead to a variety of inconveniences—especially financial ones. If you got hurt at work and couldn’t perform your job duties, keeping up with your expenses could prove difficult until you’re back on your feet. Unless you have a fair amount of money saved of course.

In the event you’re living paycheck-to-paycheck, workers’ compensation could help you financially while you recover from your injury or illness. Workers’ comp benefits in Washington state pays 60 to 75% of the wage you were earning, depending on how many dependents you have. 

Up to three quarters of your salary is a good amount of relief—when you get it. Washington state workers’ comp benefits don’t begin immediately. The three days of work you miss after your injury are considered a “waiting period.” You won’t receive benefits for those days unless you still out of work on the 14th day following your injury. In other words, if you’re deemed able to work after those three days, you could be out those wages.

Also, workers’ compensation benefits in Washington state are not guaranteed. Decisions surrounding your claim could be protested.  You can appeal if that happens, but that could be more time that you’re not receiving benefits. What can you do about your lost wages in the meantime?

Bridgeway Legal Funding can help you if you’re struggling to pay your rent, mortgage, car note, medical bills or any other obligations because you haven’t received Washington workers comp benefits yet. We act as a lifeline for injured workers and advance them part of their workers comp settlement almost immediately. Let us help you get the money you need now so you can stay afloat until your attorney can get you fair compensation.

Please note, your workers comp settlement advance is NOT A LOAN. Loans must be repaid no matter what. On the other hand, your workers comp claim advance is a non-recourse advance. That means you only repay it if you win your case. Visit Lawsuit Loans to learn more.

How long does it take to get a workers comp settlement advance?

Bridgeway Legal Funding can help you get a workers comp cash advance in three steps:

  1. Contact Bridgeway Legal Funding and provide your injury details.
  2. We’ll contact your attorney to get more information about your case and determine its value.
  3. We will send you a contract to sign electronically after everything is approved.  Bridgeway Legal Funding will send you your money immediately after you and your attorney sign the contact.

How much money can Bridgeway advance me now?

Bridgeway Legal Funding can advance 10 to 20 percent of a workers compensation claim in most cases. Your injury claim’s value will come down to a few factors like injury severity, how long you’ll be out of work, whether or not your injury is permanent and your pre-injury salary.

How much is my workers compensation claim worth in Washington?

Your workers comp claim in Washington will depend on your level of disability. You’ll generally receive 60 to 75% your regular wages at the time of the injury.

What are Washington’s workers compensation benefits?

You could be eligible for a variety of workers’ comp benefits if you’re injured at work, including medical care, job training and of course wage replacement.

   -Permanent Partial Disability

You could be rated for a permanent partial disability (PPD) if you’ve completed medical treatments, but still can’t work or have suffered a permanent loss of function.  The amount of PPD awards vary based on the type of injury. Additionally, PPD wage replacement and medical benefits will expire after your receive your disability award, unless the claim is reopened.

   -Permanent Total Disability

You could receive a monthly pension if you’re certified as permanently and totally disabled or have lost the use of both of your arms, both legs and arm and a leg or your vision.

   -Wage Replacement

As previously mentioned, the Washington state workers’ comp benefit amount is 60 to 75% of your current wage, based on how many dependents you have. State legislature sets the minimum and maximum amount of money you can receive. Your first check will be sent within 14 days of the date your doctor informs the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries or your self-insured employer that you cannot work and additional information isn’t needed.

To be eligible for the wage replacement benefit in Washington state, your earnings loss must be more than 5% of what your wages were at the time of your injury. This loss could happen if you return to a job that pays less, you had to give up one of the multiple jobs you were working or you’re maintaining the same wage, but have to work fewer hours.

   -Medical Benefits

Workers’ compensation could cover any medical bills related to your work injury if your claim’s approved. Coverage will continue until your doctor certifies your injury is stable and won’t recover any further. If your injury is treated and healed before claim paperwork reaches the state, it might issue a Notice of Decision that will approve your medical expenses and close your claim. If you go back to work while your claim is still open however, you’ll still receive benefits while you’re working.

   -Vocational Training

If qualify for job retaining, a vocational rehabilitation counselor (VRC) will work with you to create a plan to help you return to work. Job training benefits include a vocational award, which is an amount of money that typically equals nine months of time-loss compensation, or training funds to be put towards education.

Your income shouldn’t stop because you were injured at work. Contact Bridgeway Legal Funding if you’re struggling to pay your bills due to a work-related injury and your workers comp benefits are taking too long to arrive. We will do what we can to get much-needed cash into your hands within 24 to 48 hours.